Friday, November 8, 2013

Sweatshirt Weather

I have always been a huge fan of fall and the transition between fall and winter. It is the time when the leaves fall, the temperature starts to be perfect for fall essential fashion, and of course, the holiday season. But let's be honest, it's mainly the fashion. There is nothing I love more than when I get the chance to wear my favorite sweater with a light jacket, a scarf, and some sturdy boots. Fall is my favorite seasons because you can look put together without trying too hard and still be comfortable. Even though I still love my chunky knit sweaters, I have come to find a new obsession this year -the sweatshirt-. This year, I have been especially into the street style trend that involves chunky heeled boots, studs, abstract prints, and of course, awesome sweatshirts.There are several trends that carried over from last year and there are some new trends that are just starting to peak through. Sweatshirts hide the feminine curve and make a look overall more casual and easier on the eye. The following outfits are inspired by those trends and they all utilize the sweatshirt. Hope these outfits could spark some styling ideas!

Street Chic:
Street Chic



Object Collectors Item tie dye shirt, $20 / Velvet lightweight jacket / Warehouse skinny jeans, $77 / Dr. Martens lace-up boots / Sunday Somewhere leather bag / Reason black hat

I would say out of all the styles, this one is personally closest to my personal style. I really like that grungy look that is not overdone. I paired this tie dyed sweatshirt with a green militray style jacket which is pretty much still in style! Beanies are a must this season, and through on some statement boots and you are out the door!


Modern Day Skater Hipster:
random outfit

I really like the skater hipster look on guys, and hell, girls could rock it too! I thought the combination of the sweatshirt and the snapback really contrasted well with the acid wash jeans and the black leather creepers. This outfit is definitely unique and but captures the spirit well.


Sophisticated Rocker:
Rocker Chic



Pull&Bear sweat shirt, $32 / Leather jacket, $150 / Frame Denim skinny jeans / Jeffrey Campbell booties / Wet Seal beaded jewelry / NEFF Fold Beanie

Throw on this outfit and you are ready for a The Pretty Reckless concert. It has a rocker style, but it is still subtle enough to be out on the streets. I love black leather jackets and maroon beanies, I think the pairing just screams rocker chick. The cutout boots are awesome and they will for sure draw a lot of attention your way! The rips in the black skinnys just adds to the over effect!


Casual Girly:
Casually Girly



Vero Moda beaded dress, $55 / Hoodie sweat shirt / Robert Clergerie leather shoes / ASOS white purse / Astley Clarke jewelry, $215

The only outfit that I probably would not wear in this series, but it is still a wonderful look that many of you could rock! The peterpan collar could still be worked into this outfit by pulling a cute sweatshirt over the top to instantly change the style. The girly oxfords and the white bag will instantly pull this look together.


Preppy and Pretty:
Pretty and Pretty



Pull&Bear shirt top, $32 / Monki polka dot denim shirt, $47 / Black circle skirt / Hollister Co. flexible shoes / BCBGMAXAZRIA white studded handbag / Johnny Loves Rosie wire headband

You can show off both your style and your school spirit with the same look! Pull your college sweatshirt over a chambray shirt; if you live in California, you could probably just wear a black skirt and get away with it, but if you live somewhere colder like me, don't be afraid to throw on some black tights, or over the knee socks. The preppy look is not complete without a pair of navy blue keds, and a nice structured bag.


Comfortably Stylish:
Comfy and Lazy



Red sweat shirt / Vero Moda loose trousers, $55 / Converse flat shoes / Eastpak backpack, $66 / Topshop black fur hat

I would probably wear this outfit to a nearby coffee shop on a study break. The sweatshirt is fun and whimsical, paired with some dark harlem sweatpants and converse makes this a very casual while comfortable look.


Sporty but Classic:
Sporty but Chic



French Connection sweatshirt / Rag & Bone denim jacket / Frame Denim blue jeans, $360 / Converse shoes, $72 / Herschel backpacks bag, $105

I am a huge fan of this concept, whether if it is with a varsity jacket, or a denim jacket, either way it is simple and chic. I am a big fan of the simple, loose gray sweatshirt paired with a simple denim jacket. Dark wash skinnys and some white converse really pull this look together.

It is good to be back and blogging again! I would love for this to be a once or twice weekly thing again. I have been WAY too busy with course work and college, but hopefully I can get my act together! Hope your Novembers are great and stay warm! (if you live in Minnesota).


Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tells us your ideas!