Friday, January 25, 2013

Homesickness + FUN.+ FOTD

Well, I am back at college. I came back a couple of days ago and it has been really cold where I am. I have been rather sad recently because I was home for so long and I realized how blessed I was to have people that will be there for me no matter what, and having to leave them is very hard to do. Since I am still a first year student, this is only my second semester. I still don't have a sense of security and I still have not made friends that I feel like I could depend on 110%. I had to spend a lot of the past couple of days alone because my friend had classes during J-term and not a lot of people were back on campus. During that time, I felt so alone, not only because I was actually by myself basically coffee shop hopping all day, but because I think it finally hit me that I have to be on my own from now on, and that is very scary to me. On the outside, I normally show a side of me that is easygoing and happy, but on the inside I am actually very insecure, not only about myself but about everything. However, I know that this feeling is only temporary and I just have to try the hardest at everything and really make a difference in my life. I have been reading, blogging, and listening to music a lot to make myself feel better and it has been working. I am actually very excited now at this moment for the upcoming semester. I will see it as new opportunities and a chance for me to just be myself instead of a trap that will keep me from going anywhere in life.

Something else that made me feel a lot better was the FUN. concert I went to a couple of days ago. I am a huge fan of FUN. and I basically know all of their songs by heart. It was a great concert even though our seats were not great. FUN. made me realize that I should love life and all of its shit and pursue what I love despite what others say. They made be realize that music basically makes my world go round. I want to share some of the pictures I took, and this is a memory that I will definitely cherish forever.

 Opening

Edited pic


Hey look, Nate's waving at me ;)

 This is probably the coolest picture I took.Sometimes being further away has its ups too. :)

 The set on stage was super cool

 Changed into jerseys :)

Awesome lights!

Last but not least, my edited FUN. artsy pic:


(And Andrew, I was screaming "I LOVE YOU ANDREW" All night long even though you almost definitely did not hear me at all. I LOVE YOU and your piano playing, trumpet blowing, backup singing, your face and all of your awesomeness.)



Moving On, I took these Face of the Day pictures about a week ago, but I still wanted to share!


Face:
Hanskin Smart Total BB Cream in #2
MAC Skin-finish Natural in Medium
Tarte Blush in Exposed (Although the picture kind of washed me out)

Eyes:
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze
Colors from the Smashbox Click You're It Palette (Thanks Julia <3)
Milani Eye-Tech Extreme Liquid Liner
Milani LiquidEye Pencil Liner
Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara

Lips: 
EOS Lip Balm (Lemon)


Thanks for checking this out!
Share your college experiences and your advice for coping with homesickness :) It will be much appreciated!

-HAPPY FRIDAY NIGHT-
(and yes I am actually blogging on a Friday night; yes I am that lame; and yes I am ok with that )

<3
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tells us your ideas!